Click on the links below to see all of the healthy recipes for each category.
What’s on Your Plate? ™ Whether you are ready to start or maintain your weight loss effort, we have healthy recipes for you!
This mouthwatering Corvina fish dinner is flavored with CardioMender, MD’s high quality olive oil and flavored balsamic vinegar. So tasty, whether you like it pan fried, on the grill or in the oven. (more…)
A delightful, delicately seasoned, Caribbean flavored coconut shrimp and vegetable dish. (more…)
Doc’s delicious Blue Cheese Dip and Dressing is a hit at any party! Keep some on hand at home in the fridge. Enjoy it as a quick snack with celery sticks, cucumbers and red pepper slices or with broccoli florets. You can also use it to top off any salad or try some on CardioMender, MD Toast Parisien or Paleo Thin Crackers! You will love it! (more…)
Having a party? Serve our Buffalo Cauliflower as a substitute for Buffalo Chicken Wings and they will be the party’s sensation. (more…)
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 3 large portabella mushrooms, cut in large pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large Onions, chopped
- Shallots – optional, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Wash, dry and cut both cauliflowers into large clusters.
- Take 1 cauliflower and place in roasting/baking pan, sprinkle with a little oil and salt, and roast at 425°F about 45 minutes until browning.
- In a large pot, sauté the onions and/or shallots in 2 Tablespoons of olive oil. Last night I used a combination of both, but usually use just onions. Total amount is equivalent to 2 large onions.
- Sauté until soft and translucent, just starting to brown.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 head of the cut-up, uncooked cauliflower.
- Add water to just cover cauliflower. Turn up heat to high until boiling, then reduce to medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste – don’t hold back on this.
- When cauliflower is soft, remove from heat. Using either an immersion blender or regular blender, blend everything in the pot together until smooth, adding in the roasted cauliflower to blend with the other ingredients.
- As a variation, and for a complete and satisfying meal, cook up some smoked low-fat turkey or chicken sausage, then cut it up and add into the soup after blending.
- You can finish it off by adding a dollop of no-fat Greek yogurt.
This soup is thick and creamy. If you prefer a thinner soup, you can add chicken stock, vegetable broth or clam broth. I did not, but you may prefer this. As I said above, this soup has MANY variations. You can use almost any vegetable, and also add a variety of fresh herbs. Let me know how you like it best! ENJOY – I did! – Dr. Barry Schiff
The whole family will enjoy these treats, and they are baked, NOT fried. Try our Potato Pancakes (latkes) not just for Chanukah. You’ll eat them all year long as a delicious side dish. When sampled at our November 2016 Open House, everyone loved them! (more…)
Egg Nog is a Christmas and yearend holiday tradition that connotes fun, comfort and fond memories of family gatherings. Just because you’re on a healthy diet plan doesn’t mean you need to give up those special moments that bring you and your loved ones closer. At CardioMender, MD we help you find ways to modify the every day to a healthy way. Our Egg Nog is just one more example. (more…)
Customize this snack to be just as YOU like it! We have so many flavors and choices! (more…)
To maximize metabolism and minimize cravings, we recommend snacking every 3 to 4 hours. Planning ahead and making time are the biggest obstacles to this. For an instant snack, try our Toast Parisien with Fruit Spread. Takes only seconds to prepare. (more…)
For many, Christmas cookies are a tradition that evokes fond memories of family gatherings. Just because you’re on a healthy diet plan doesn’t mean you need to give up those special moments that bring you and your loved ones closer. At CardioMender, MD we help you find ways to modify the every day to a healthy way. Our Christmas cookies are just one example. (more…)
Healthy Weight Loss Happens When You Have a Healthy Diet!
Nutritional plans, not diet programs, are our priority when working with patients at CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Specialists. That’s where our healthy recipes come in. Healthy nutrition changes how your body works (your body’s physiology), and addresses behavioral issues, which together, set you up for long-term success.
Whether you’ve just begun your weight loss journey, or are in the “New Lifestyle” phase, eating right is the most important part of our weight loss program because it ensures you don’t gain the weight back and you remain in excellent health and overall wellness.
Unlike diet programs and fads, we provide support even after you have reached your goal weight and minimized your body fat. That’s why each week we publish a new, healthy recipe. Browse our healthy recipes to find breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and even desert ideas!