Dr. Young’s Turkey Meatloaf
- 20 oz. ground lean turkey or ground turkey breast ( 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 4 oz can mushroom, no salt added, drained & chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp powdered chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 eggs
- Add all of the above to a large mixing bowl and mix very well.
- Transfer to a bread loaf pan coated with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400 deg F for 60 minutes.
- When done, drain the juice & invert the loaf onto a serving platter.
- Glaze or garnish with ketchup if desired.
An entire loaf made with lean turkey counts as 22 servings of lean protein; if made with turkey breast it counts as 22 servings of very lean protein.