Doc’s Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb. white chicken tenders pre-cut if you’re in a rush or skinless and boneless chicken breasts (counts as 16 very lean proteins)
- 8 Tbsp Zero Net Carb “Love the Taste” Breadcrumbs (counts as 2 lean proteins), available in our Pembroke Pines Pantry, or here.
- Cholula Hot Sauce (or your favorite zero carb, protein & fat hot sauce)
- 2 eggs (counts as 2 very lean proteins)
- Salt, fresh pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Combine bread crumbs with salt, fresh pepper, red pepper flakes.
- Mix the 2 eggs in a bowl & add salt, pepper, a few red pepper flakes and hot sauce*, the amount based on the heat you want – You can always add more once cooked!
- Prepare the chicken tenders (wash & dry- I pounded mine for tenderness for several seconds)
- Heat frying pan with PAM and top off with 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Dredge tenders in egg mix then bread crumbs and lay in heated frying pan.
- Cook until you can see edges of chicken turning white and bread crumbs have browned, then flip & cook on other side. Total cook time 4 or 5 minutes max, but make sure chicken is cooked through.
- Remove to paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Serve garnished with celery and low fat blue cheese, my yogurt dill dressing or the dressing of your choice
This dish gives you a total of 18 very lean and 2 lean proteins, in about 6 portions, giving about 3.5 VLPs per serving. Try unlimited celery to keep you cool! Drink lots of water!
Made with the following CardioMender ingredient:
*For Doc’s Traditional Fried Chicken Tenders leave out the Hot Sauce, add dried Italian seasoning to the bread crumbs or egg batter and serve with cocktail sauce, Low Fat Honey Mustard Salad Dressing or the dressing of your choice.