Doc’s Cream of Cucumber Soup
You can read about the benefits in our article on cucumbers, then enjoy this recipe from Doc:
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled
- 1 cup Chobani™ non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ large yellow or Vidalia onion
- ½ tsp MortonTMLite Salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop the cucumbers, yogurt, garlic and onion in a food processor using pulse mode till uniform texture.
- Transfer to a frozen large glass mixing bowl.
- Add the pepper, salt, vinegar, dill weed and olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber disks and fresh dill weed if available when ready to serve.
Yield is approximately 5 or 6 cups, more or less depending on the size of the cucumbers. Each cup counts as 1 very lean protein.