Arroz con Pollo (Chicken with Rice)
- 2 chicken breasts (I used boneless, but bone-in will work as well)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 sm yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 packet Sazón Goya with Azafran
- 1 tspn cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbspn olive oil
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup red pepper, chopped
- ½ cup frozen, shelled edamame, thawed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 packages Shirataki rice (We now offer this rice substitute. It is Zero Fat, Low Carb, Less than 1 gram of carbohydrates, Gluten-free, No Cholesterol, All Natural, Vegan and Kosher Certified)
- Combine all ingredients for first step in a saucepan and boil 12-15 minutes, covered.
- Turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken, cool and shred, while simmering stock to reduce.
- While the stock is reducing, heat the oil in a sauté pan.
- Add onion, green pepper and red pepper from second step ingredients.
- Sauté 4 – 5 minutes, until tender.
- While doing this, rinse the Shiratake rice well and par boiled 2-3 minutes (as directed on package)
- Combine the sauteed vegetables, edamame, chicken and chicken stock.
- Just before serving, stir in chopped cilantro.
- When ready to serve, place some of the rice in a bowl and spoon over the chicken mixture.