Doc’s Pasta Prosciutto with Vegetables: Quick and Easy
- Avocado oil or Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups red and orange bell peppers, chopped
- 4 oz. prosciutto, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T fresh herbs – Doc used thyme, basil and chives
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to tast
- 4 packages CardioMender, MD high protein fusilli pasta, cooked to package directions
- Boil water then cook pasta to package directions. While pasta is cooking, cook remaining ingredients as follows:
- Sauté garlic in heated oil.
- Add onions and continue sautéing, 4-5 minutes, adding a bit of water or oil as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add bell peppers and continue sautéing, 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and fresh herbs to taste.
- Add prosciutto and heat for 1-2 minutes, just to heat.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes to slightly cook mushrooms.
This recipe makes 4 servings, each having 3 proteins and 2 veggies.