Doc’s Tuna Melt Wrap
Looking for an update to one of your old favorites? Look No Further!
- 1 – 7 oz. can tuna fish packed in water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil mayonnaise or canola oil mayonnaise or Miracle Whip Free
- ½ Cup chopped red and yellow peppers
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green or red onion
- Squeeze of fresh lemon or lime
- Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper flakes to taste
- 4 – 1 oz. slices cheese of your choice, must be zero fat or 1 gram or less of fat per slice
- 4 Paleo wraps
- PAM spray
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, peppers, green onion, lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper and optional cayenne pepper flakes in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Put ¼ the tuna mix in the shape of a fat cigar on the center of a paleo wrap and top off with one 1 oz. slice of cheese folded in half and fold wrap edges as if you were making a burrito.
- Spray frying pan with PAM spray.
- Heat wraps in the pan on your stove top over low heat until just brown and the cheese has melted, then flip and repeat, about 30-60 seconds.
You can have only 2 Paleo wraps per day per person on plan. This recipe gives:
- 4 Docs Tuna Melt Wraps (DTMW)= 7 LP 4 VLP
- Each serving of 2 DTMW‘s = 4 LP and 2 VLP
- Each DTMW = 2 LP and 1 VLP
- If you prefer the wrap without cheese, then each Doc’s Tuna Wrap= 2 LP
Here’s how we figured the exchanges for this recipe:
- 1 can tuna fish packed in water, 7 oz: Normally 7 VLP’s, but modified for this recipe as shown below to 7 LP’s
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil or canola oil Mayonnaise: no exchange
- ½ Cup chopped red and yellow peppers: usually ½ serving, but since spread over 4 wraps, negligible
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green or red onion: no exchange
- Squeeze of fresh lemon or lime: no exchange
- Salt and pepper to taste: no exchange
- 4 slices cheese, (at less than 1 gram of fat per slice): 4 VLP’s
- 4 Paleo wraps: each wrap has no exchange of its own, but converts 2 VLP’s to 2 LP’s. For this recipe, using 7 oz. of tuna converts 7 VLP’s to 7 LP’s.
PAM cooking spray: no exchange
Since each nutritional plan only allows up to 4-LP’s per day, each member can have 2 wraps per day at most (CMMD Paleo wrap rule regardless of meal plan or healthy recipes).
Make Your Own Mouthwatering Crepes! Get a package of Paleo Wraps!
For more information on our Paleo Wraps, click the picture below! They’re available for sale in our pantry!