Salads, Side Dishes
Doc’s Marinated Cucumber Salad
- 5 medium cucumbers, peeled
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp MortonTMLite Salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz bottle of apple cider vinegar
- Slice the cucumbers into 1/8 inch-thick disks.
- Slice the onion into rings as thinly as possible, then cut the rings crossways in half to make crescents.
- Transfer to a frozen large glass mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Add as much vinegar as necessary to almost cover the cucumbers. (Note: This will be quite tart; if you prefer a milder taste, you may wish to dilute the vinegar by half with water before adding to the mixture. However, this will make the cucumbers less crisp.)
- Mix and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
This is a convenient dish to keep in the refrigerator. It keeps for days and I replenish it with cucumbers and onions using the same marinade. I find marinated cucumber salad prepared this way very satisfying for those late-night munchies. The vinegar may make you cough a bit but the taste is worth it!
This is a free selection.
Check out Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track, including Doc’s Cream of Cucumber Soup and Doc’s Cucumber Salad.