Doc’s Low Carb Blueberry Pancakes
Looking for a great low carb recipe for Blueberry Pancakes? Here it is. You will not believe this is a low carb pancake, and is “on plan”. And it includes a pancake topping, a syrup substitute that is delicious!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet Stevia with luo han (monk fruit)
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 Cup CarbquikTM baking mix (available in our office)
- 1 1/4 Cup frozen blueberries, thawed (or microwaved) and mashed a bit with a fork, leaving some whole
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon, to taste, optional
- Heat skillet and spray with PAM.
- Beat egg with mixer or vigorously by hand.
- Stir in Greek yogurt, water, vanilla extract, stevia, cinnamon and oil. Blend completely.
- Beat in CarbquikTM at low speed or by hand.
- Add 2/3 of the blueberry mash, reserving the remainder for the topping. The extra liquid is OK to add. (The blueberry mash will be a combination of liquid, mash and whole berries.)
- Spoon about 2 Tablespoons into hot skillet, more or less, to make rounds.
- Cook about 3 min; when they start to brown on underside flip and continue cooking.
- For topping, take remaining blueberry mash and spoon over plated pancakes.
Note that this is DIFFERENT from the recipe on the box of CarbquikTM. It has been altered to suit our program here at CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Specialists.
This recipe makes 8 pancakes, depending on size.
Exchange: 2 pancakes equal 1 protein, 1 veggie and 1 fruit
For variety, try using strawberries or your favorite fruit on plan. Experiment and let us know! This recipe came from one of our patients, who modified our waffle recipe and makes it regularly for himself and his family. Thanks, Fred!