Doc’s Diet Green Gazpacho
- 4 medium stalks celery
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 large green bell pepper with seeds removed
- 2 medium cucumbers, unpeeled
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 2 cups chilled Swanson™ Organic Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Tabasco™ Green Chile (jalapeño) Sauce
- 1 tsp Morton’s Lite Salt™
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon (approx. 2 tbsp
- Chop the first six above ingredients, in that order, in a food
processor or blender to uniform texture. Do not over-blend to avoid frothiness.
- Transfer to a frozen large mixing bowl.
- Add next seven ingredients above.
- Mix with a whisk.
- Adjust spices to taste.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes, mix again, then chill in the
refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and red pepper flakes if desired when ready to serve
Makes 5 cups.
Each cup counts as 1/2 vegetable on our diet plans.
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track!