Doc’s Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1 packaged corned beef with pickling spice packet included
- 1 cauliflower, cut into large pieces
- 1 green cabbage, cut into quarters or eighths
- 1 red cabbage, cut into quarters or eighths
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tspn. whole black peppercorns
- Good deli mustard
- Cook corned beef in pot of water per package directions, including spice packet provided and extra spices.
- When meat is done cooking, remove from pot and save water for cooking vegetables.
- Allow meat to cool before slicing.
- Add cabbage and cauliflower pieces to pot of water and cook at low boil until soft.
- When vegetables are almost done, slice meat, going against the grain.
- Serve with mustard.