Doc’s Grilled Florida Lobster
- 4 Freshly caught Florida Lobsters
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- Fresh herbs, including rosemary 1 sprig per lobster
- Half lemon
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat grill to get very hot.
- In a saucepan, combine oil and garlic. Heat on stove over low flame, watching that garlic does not burn. When garlic is light gold, turn off and add herbs, rosemary, red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Carefully add the juice of a third to half lemon. Allow herbs infuse into oil.
- If you did not have the store or provider of the lobsters prepare, do the following:
- Remove heads of lobsters by taking a sharp knife around inside of shell where head connects. Pull off head.
- Use one of antenna inserted into anal cavity, twisting, to remove gut tube.
- Using a scissor or heavy knife, cut the lobsters in half lengthwise.
- Brush with infused oil.
- Place on grill, meat side down for 2 minutes.
- Flip and place a stalk of the rosemary on each half lobster.
- Continue to grill, cover closed for an additional 4-8 minutes, depending on size of lobsters.
- Do not overcook!
- Serve immediately with a side salad and veggies.
Florida lobster is 1 very lean protein per ounce of pre-cooked tail with the shell on.
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track!