This is a dish that you can make to suit, adding ingredients as you like or as you remember from your childhood. Amounts are purposely omited – use as you like.
- Jar or bottle of “store-bought” gefilte fish
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Yellow onions, cut in chunks WITH the skin
- Hot sauce of your choosing
- ONCE ON MAINTENANCE:
- Carrots, cut in chunks
- Potatoes, peeled and chunked
- Put the entire contents of the bottle of gefilte fish in a baking pan, including jellied broth.
- If on our Maintenance program, you MAY add the carrots and/or potatoes.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and a few spurts of hot sauce. Mix gently.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour to an hour and a half. You can mix it every once in a while if you feel like it.
- Serve either warm or cold, with or without horseradish.
1 piece of gefilte fish equals 1 lean protein.
Planning Passover dinner? Check out these great recipes that are sure to make your dinner complete:
- Doc’s Mock Matzoh Ball Soup
- Doc’s Fruit Salad with Lemon Zest Dressing
- Doc’s Cupid’s DeLite Cheesecake
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track!