Doc’s Swordfish with Cilantro Sauce
Treat yourself and someone else!
Makes 2 servings.
- Swordfish 10-12 ounces
- Extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 chopped and 1 whole
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespn Red wine vinegar
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
Prepare the cilantro sauce first:
In food processor pulse 1 cup of fresh cilantro, 1 clove garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar and a dash of olive oil.
Next, the fish:
- Salt and pepper both sides of swordfish.
- Heat thin coat of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Sauté on first side about 3 minutes.
- Flip and sauté next side 2-3 min depending on thickness.
- Add 1 clove chopped garlic, the juice of 1 whole lemon and let reduce for another 2 min.
- Top with the cilantro sauce.
Recommendation: Serve with roasted asparagus.