- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions
- 5 cloves garlic
- Salt, Freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches of fresh asparagus
- Fresh herbs, I used basil, parsley, and a little bit of rosemary and oregano
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese per serving
- 1 Tbsp chopped roasted edamame (or if you are on maintenance, use roasted walnuts) per serving
Prepare Shirataki Noodles according to package (rinse, par-boil and dry)
In a large soup pot, sauté chopped onions and garlic cloves in olive oil, with salt, pepper, and a dash of red pepper flakes.
Add chopped asparagus, ends trimmed.
After 5 minutes, add water to pot to just cover asparagus.
Add fresh herbs and let boil for 30-45 minutes, until all veggies are very soft.
Blend small batches of soup in blender until smooth.
Mix 3 cups of soup with 1 cup of Greek yogurt. (Save the rest of the soup for another healthy meal!)
Salt and pepper to taste.
Mix sauce with Shirataki Noodles.
Top with Parmesan cheese and either edamame or walnuts if on maintenance.