Grilled Portabella Mushrooms
- 2 large Portabella mushrooms
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup CMMD Extra Virgin or favorite flavored Olive Oil (ie Tuscan Herb, Spicy Calabrian Pesto, Garlic)
- 3 Tbspn. CMMD Red Wine Vinegar
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: SmartBuns (Plain or Sesame)
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stem, saving for grilling separately
- Place the mushrooms in a dish or on a plate, gill side up.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, optional red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the mushrooms so the marinade overflows the gills and let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Grill over medium-hot grill for 4-5 minutes, turn and grill an additional 4-5 minutes until soft and browned.
- Alternatively, you can cook on a hot grill pan on the stove, the same way as on a grill.
- Serve immediately.
- Optional: Serve on a SmartBun (sesame or plain) with all your favorite toppings for a hearty, healthy burger alternative.