Doc’s Breakfast Burrito
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons, more or less Dijon mustard
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons green peppers or sweet red peppers, diced
- Optional: fresh herbs, such as chives (my favorites), or your favorite herbs
- Optional: onions, mushrooms, scallions, red pepper flakes or hot sauce, as you like (I add diced fresh hot red peppers)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nori or Laver – two names for dried seaweed sheets typically available in Asian markets. It is about about a third protein and a third dietary fiber. It contains high proportions of iodine, carotene, vitamins A, B and C, as well as significant amounts of calcium and iron. It is only about 5 calories per sheet and makes a great wrap. (source: Wikipedia)
- Take the hard boiled eggs and cut in several directions with an egg slicer (or just mash with a fork).
- Add the cottage cheese and mustard and mix/mash well.
- Add the salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
- Mix in the diced peppers and other optional ingredients.
- Eat like this, or for the burrito option, place the egg mix in the Nori wrapper, roll it up and enjoy your breakfast burrito.
If you would prefer a warm breakfast, microwave some egg whites or egg substitute with the above seasonings and wrap it in the Nori for your burrito.
Ready For More healthy dishes?
Sign-Up For Doc’s Latest Recipes!