Pesto Cauliflower Pizza
- ½ oz Zero-fat ricotta cheese (Exchange = 0.5 VLP )
- ½ oz Zero-fat mozzarella cheese (Exchange = 0.5 VLP)
- Arugula (or other green) (Exchange = Free)
- Your Choice of CardioMender Cauliflower Pizza Crust (1 pie crust = 3 LP)
- Red Pepper Lite
- Spicy Jalapeno Lite
- Italian Lite
- 2 TBS CardioMender Ultra-Premium Pesto Sauce (Exchange = Converts 1 VLP to 1 LP)
Preheat the oven to 375 (oven temperatures may vary), following the instructions on your cauliflower pizza crust packaging.
Once the oven is preheated, place the cauliflower pizza crust of your choice on a vented pizza pan, pizza screen, or parchment paper, and bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before adding toppings.
Spread an even layer of pesto sauce onto the pizza crust. Top with dollops of ricotta cheese.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the entire pizza. Add arugula or another green, such as spinach or kale. Place the entire pizza back in the oven for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Let cool before evenly slicing, and enjoy!
Exchange: Half pizza counts as 2 LPs as prepared above.
Give this recipe a try during your next night in! Check out Doc’s many other healthy recipes that will help you stay on track.