Try Doctor Schiff’s Delicious Pork Chop Recipe
- 4 pork chops, bone in
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Egg for wash
- CarbquikTM for ‘breading’, with added salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes to taste
Topping for those who can have tomatoes:
- 2 ripe Tomatoes, chopped
- 1-2 cups arugula
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Vinegar of your choice – we suggest red wine for those on plan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Marinate pork chops in lime juice and seasonings in base ingredients for 30 minutes, outside of refrigerator, or longer in refrigerator, but then let it sit out to approach room temperature before cooking.
- Heat cast iron pan to medium high.
- Dip chops in egg wash then CarbquikTM mix
- Sear in cast iron pan to lock in juices, approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Place in oven to continue cooking until done, approximately 10 minutes.
- While pork chops are cooking, mix all topping ingredients.
- After removing chops from oven, let them rest for 5 minutes before eating.
- Spoon topping onto cooked pork chops.
For those of you who do not have tomatoes on plan yet, consider putting cheese on the chops for the last few minutes of baking.