Doc’s Applesauce – a Dessert or a Sweet Side Dish
- 3 small sweet apples, such as Gala. Use ½ per serving. These are sweet enough so that no sweetener is needed.
- 1 Tbsp CMMD Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Dash of cinnamon
- Thin slice the apples then chop fine.
- Heat 1 Tbspn oil in cast iron pan and add chopped apples when hot.
- Add a dash of cinnamon.
- Stir often and cook until soft and “mushy” or consistency you like, about 10 minutes.
- If it gets dry, add a few drops of water.
- Optional: add a pinch of sweetener if the apples are not sweet.
Enjoy Doc’s Apple Sauce as a dessert, side dish or snack. It is the perfect complement to Doc’s Faux Potato Pancakes (Latkes).
Check out Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track.