Doc’s Mini Ham and Egg Frittatas
Makes a great addition to your brunch recipes!
- PAM or other Non-stick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 eggs or egg substitute equivalents or 16 egg whites
- 3 ounces fat free mozzarella
- ¼ cup finely diced onion (I sautéed mine slightly before adding in)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Whatever veggies you want to add to above (suggestions mushrooms, peppers etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Whisk the eggs or egg substitute, pepper, salt and onions in a large bowl.
- Stir in the ham, cheese, and parsley.
- Fill prepared muffin cups almost to the top with the egg mixture.
- Bake until the egg mixture puffs and is just set in the center, about 25 minutes.
- Let set a few minutes, then, using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittatas from the muffin cups and slide the frittatas onto a platter.
- Serve immediately.
If you follow the recipe and make a total of 10 frittatas, then each 1 frittata counts as 1 VLP and 1 LP
Looking for more meal ideas? Complete your meal planning with these great recipes:
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track!