Doc’s Citrus Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup white wine vinegar
- 1 small lime
- 1 very small sweet navel or other seedless orange
- 1-1½ medium to large garlic clove
- 6 large sprigs cilantro stems, include half or more each
- Optional – very thin slice red onion, chopped
- Cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes or equivalent, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Optional: for a light, traditional version, you may add 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Without the olive oil the dressing is fat free, with it, it is not.
- Chop cilantro and garlic very fine.
- Combine vinegar, juice of lime, juice of orange and blend.
- Add cilantro, garlic and remaining ingredients and mix well. If you prefer, you can use a blender.
Unused dressing can be stored in a covered jar in the refrigerator.
This salad dressing counts as an allowed salad dressing on our plans.
Enjoy this and our other salad recipes. Recipes are available on the healthy recipes section of our website.