Doc’s Tropical Banana Pound Cake
Enjoy Doc’s Tropical Banana Pound Cake, ON PLAN! Enjoy this rich-tasting dessert plain or topped with fresh fruit. Another healthy recipe. from Doc
- 3 1/2 Cups CarbquikTM baking mix (available in our office pantry), spooned into measuring cup, not packed.
- Either 1/2 cup Whole Earth Sweetener (blend of Stevia & Monk Fruit) OR 24 packets Truvia
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 2 packets Tropical Banana Pudding Mix from CardioMender, MD
(Can substitute banana pudding with our delicious Double Chocolate Pudding, or use as a drizzle to top this recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease angel food pan or 12-cup Bundt cake pan using PAM spray and dust with CarbquikTM.
- Prepare pudding per directions on packet.
- Mix together oil, eggs and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add oil, eggs vanilla mixture to dry ingredients, then add pudding. Beat all on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently.
- Beat on medium speed 4 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Turn pan upside down onto wire rack or serving plate.
- Remove pan, and allow cake to cool.