Shirataki Noodles in Asparagus Sauce
- 1 package of Shirataki noodles
- Olive oil
- 2 large onions
- 5 fresh garlic cloves
- Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches of fresh asparagus
- Fresh herbs (I use basil, parsley and a little bit of rosemary and oregano)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan cheese per serving
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted edamame (or if you are on maintenance, use roasted walnuts) per serving
- Prepare Shirataki noodles according to package (rinse and par-boil).
- In a large soup pot, sauté chopped onions and garlic cloves in olive oil, with salt, pepper, and a dash of red pepper flakes.
- Add chopped asparagus, ends trimmed.
- After 5 minutes, add water to pot to just cover asparagus.
- Add fresh herbs and let boil for 30 to 45 minutes, until all veggies are very soft.
- Blend small batches of soup in blender until smooth.
- Mix 3 cups of soup with 1 cup of Greek yogurt. (Save the rest of the soup for another healthy meal!)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix sauce with Shirataki noodles.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and either edamame or walnuts if on maintenance.