Fresh mint – optional
- Wash, dry and core each apple
- Cut into 1/4″ thick pieces – you can either slice across so you end up with hollow apple circles or cut into wedges.
- Lightly spray baking dish with PAM.
- Lay out apple slices in a single layer on the baking dish.
- Lightly spray with PAM.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon – not too heavy.
- Optional – top with fresh mint leaves.
- Bake at 300 deg for about an hour, depending on how crisp you like them. You will need to flip them and watch so they don’t burn. Time will vary as ovens vary and taste for crispness varies.
This method will give you a crispy snack, or a combination of crisp and soft – Experiment with it!
As a quick alternative, try what one of our patients does with her apples for a really quick snack:
- Slice apple into wedges.
- Place in a microwave safe dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Microwave on high for 50 seconds.
- This will give you a soft, moist apple snack similar to a baked apple.
Either way you choose to eat this snack, ENJOY!!