Doc’s Roasted Garlic Spread
- Several large heads of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Aluminum foil
- Make a clean cut about a quarter way up from the bottom (larger side) of each garlic head and discard the smaller piece.
- Put the garlic cut side up and drizzle a quarter to a half teaspoon of olive on the garlic so that the olive oil seeps into the garlic head.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place on a flat baking sheet with the cut side down and bake in a 400 degree preheated oven.
- Cook for 40 – 50 minutes until the bottom (cut side) is golden brown and the body of the garlic can easily be pierced by a knife or fork.
- Let cool and then squeeze the top of the garlic head so that each clove pops out from the bottom of the head.
- Spread on our Toast Parisien*, Paleo Crackers* or on celery or a slice of cucumber.
- Keep left overs in the refrigerator and use for 2-3 weeks.
1 packet of Toast Parisien with Doc’s Roasted Garlic Spread (~eight pieces) counts as 1 Lean Protein (LP).
*Sold in our pantry
For more information on our Toast Parisien, click here.
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track!
Enjoy this delicious recipe from CardioMender, MD. We offer cardiologist supervised weight loss in Pembroke Pines, FL.