Doc’s Moroccan Lamb Stew with Cauliflower Pepper Salad
- 16 oz. of boneless lamb, fat removed and cubed
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp dried ginger
- 1or 2 large cloves garlic
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1½ cups of diced red onion
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 tbs. Tamari soy sauce (can substitute Soy Sauce if you are in a pinch)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2-3 cups cubed eggplant
- ¾ cup water
- 4 cups of cauliflower
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper seeded and diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp lemon-pepper (spice)
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
CardioMender, MD Fusilli Pasta or Miracle Rice
- 3-4 packets miracle rice/ 3-4 packets CMMD Fusilli Pasta-Optional
Combine the stew ingredients except the tamari and cilantro.
Cook in a slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours until lamb in tender.
Add tamari and cilantro to stew before serving.
Steam the vegetables in a metal steamer basket, covered, until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
In a small bowl whisk the vinegar, olive oil and lemon-pepper spice.
Top vegetables with dressing and serve
Follow the directions on the package or box for the pasta or miracle rice and serve stew over rice or pasta. Or you can omit the pasta or “rice” and serve lamb stew over the steamed veggies.
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track!