- Large sea scallops – buy dry ones if you can
- Fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry scallops.
- Squeeze lemon juice on scallops and let sit for 10 to 15 min.
- Chop garlic and ginger, and continue to mince together, adding 2 tablespoons olive oil; let sit while the lemon juice soaks into scallops.
- Season the scallops with garlic/ginger/olive oil blend. Add salt & pepper to the scallops.
- Get a large frying pan or grill pan VERY hot.
- Sear scallops until brown and “crusty” on both sides.
- Serve immediately.
We ate these last week with a mix of vegetables we roasted in the oven. I included baby eggplants, a red onion, a head of garlic, some peppers (a mix of large red and green and small orange, yellow and red, all seeded first) and a few leeks. Sprinkle with a little olive oil, salt and pepper (red pepper flakes optional) and place in 425° oven for about 45 minutes. Turn once or twice.