Doc’s Turkey Sausage and Gravy
- 1 Sleeve of Fully Cooked Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links (12 links), cut into pieces
- Chicken stock – start with 1 Cup, add more as needed
- 2 Cups Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 3 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ½ to 1 packet sweetener such as Splenda or Stevia
- Sauté 2 TBSP’s EVOO with chopped garlic on medium heat until garlic turns a light gold.
- Add cut up sausage links and sauté.
- As the turkey sausage links brown, break them up into very small pieces with a fork.
- Intermittently add chicken stock as needed to prevent drying and simmer on low heat.
- Once sausage is broken up add yogurt at very low heat- AVOID curdling by NOT allowing gravy to boil.
- Add more chicken stock to achieve desire consistency.
- Add ½ to 1 packet of sweetener to taste prior to serving.
Makes 4 Servings
Each serving counts as 1 LP and 3 VLP
Serve warm by itself or on a CarbquikTM roll or biscuit. Each roll or biscuit counts as 1 LP and 1 VLP. So, if eaten with the biscuit, each serving counts as 2 LP and 4 VLP.
For more information about CarbquikTM, click here. We sell CarbquikTM in our pantry at our Pembroke Pines location.