Garlic Herb Turkey Roast
- 1 10-12-pound turkey
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp each minced fresh rosemary, sage and thyme
- 2 tablespoons of CardioMender, MD Ultra-Premium Olive Oil or Rosemary Olive Oil.
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 medium orange, cut into wedges
- Doc’s Holiday SmartBUN® Stuffing
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Prepare the stuffing mixture with CardioMenderMD’s recipe here. Set aside.
Pat turkey dry. Combine the seasonings, fresh herbs, and olive oil. Rub over the outside and inside of the turkey. Place the lemon and orange wedges in the cavity.
Place the turkey side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Just before baking, loosely stuff the turkey with Doc’s Holiday SmartBun Stuffing.
Bake for 3 ½ to 4 hours or until a thermometer reads 180 degrees, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Remove the turkey to a serving platter. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Exchange: 1.5 VLP
Check out Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track.