Doc’s Faux Potato Pancakes (Latkes) – Not just for Chanukah
Ingredients for faux potato pancakes:
- 1 small or ½ large head of cauliflower, for about 3 cups UNCOOKED, shredded
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet onions – chopped very fine, for 1 cup
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup CarbquikTM
- 2 Tbsp grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup FAT-FREE mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- PAM non-stick spray
Directions to make faux potato pancakes :
- Shred the cauliflower into small crumbles. I used an old style grater and it was easy. You can use a food processor if you’d like, but you just want crumbles, not puree.
- In a microwave safe bowl, cook grated cauliflower, uncovered and dry, about 7 minutes, until soft.
- Grate or shred or finely chop the onion.
- While cauliflower is hot, mix in onion. Allow mixture to cool.
- Add egg, CarbquikTM, both cheeses, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 450°, spray cookie sheet or pizza pan with PAM.
- Form ingredient mix into balls, squeezing out any excess liquid into sink, then flatten onto baking sheet, until ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes, or until golden brown on underside, then flip and bake an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with Doc’s Apple Sauce, listed under desserts in our recipe section.
Enjoy these “potato pancakes” at your meals during this holiday season. It’s got high fiber and low carbs, perfect for weight loss diets that don’t want to come up short on flavor. These are delicious and we hope they inspire you to try our other healthy recipes.
Check out Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track. Lots use the same ingredients, but in different ways, to help you stay on track with your weight loss plan.
For more information about CarbquikTM, click here. We sell CarbquikTM in our pantry at our Pembroke Pines location.