This tasty crab dip is great for entertaining or just to treat yourself!
Ingredients for Doc’s Crab Dip
- 4 oz. No-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup Olive Oil mayonnaise
- ½ large lemon
- Hot sauce of your choice
- ¼ cup loosely packed chopped mint
- 1/4 cup – 1/3 cup loosely packed chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded no fat cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 lb. lump Blue crab or crab claws (can substitute King crab), shredded
- Bread crumbs, made from CarbquikTM drop biscuits, handful toasted. Get the recipe here.
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Worchester sauce
- Pinch paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
Directions to make Doc’s Crab Dip
- Mix cream cheese, mayo, lemon juice, a few dashes hot sauce, mint, cilantro, 1/4 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, scallions, salt and pepper in an oven safe dish
- Squeeze out excess water from crab chunks.
- Add crab to other ingredients and mix well
- Top the crab dip mix with ¼ cup cheddar
- Bake the crab dip in the same dish at 350 for 20-30 minutes until bubbling
- Top with seasoned bread crumbs
- Bake the crab dip in the dish for 5-10 more minutes
Serve with Paleo crackers or slices of vegetables, such as bell peppers or celery.
This crab recipe serves 6 and counts as 2 Lean Proteins (LP’s) and 2 Very Lean Proteins (VLP’s).
For each 5 Paleo crackers you have, add 3 Lean Proteins (LP’s)
Let your friends know how you discovered this weight loss recipe on Dr. Schiff’s site, and how easy it is for them to get started losing weight too. Check out these other weight loss recipes. If you’re planning a barbecue or a party, serving healthy recipes is a great way to show your guests some extra love. We’ve got all sorts of things you can try here on the site, and healthy weight loss ingredients for sale in our Pembroke Pines office. Please visit us and give these low-carb, high protein ingredients a try.