French Onion Soup is a classic that takes a new twist here – high protein. Enjoy it on your CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Specialists plan.
- 1 packet (1 serving) of CardioMender, MD Beef Bouillon, available in our office pantry and online store
- 7 oz. water
- 1 or 2 pieces of Toast Parisien, broken into small crouton sized pieces, available in our office pantry and online store
- Several slices of sweet onion
- 1 clove of fresh garlic (can substitute garlic powder)
- CardioMender, MD Ultra-Premium Coratina or Garlic Olive Oil
- 1.5 Tablespoons grated Aged Parmesan Cheese
- Sauté garlic and onions in olive oil until the onions are caramelized or appear translucent.
- Microwave water until it just boils, then stir in 1 packet of CMMD Beef Bouillon.
- Place sautéed onions in the bottom of a small, oven-safe bowl or cup.
- Add Toast Parisien.
- Add the CMMD Beef Bouillon to the onions and toast.
- Top off with grated aged Parmesan cheese.
- Optional: place bowl in broiler for one to two minutes to brown cheese.
This recipe is for 1 serving, each counting as 1LP and 1VLP.
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track.