Going to a Super Bowl Party on Super Bowl Sunday has become quite an ‘event’, even for those who don’t follow professional football. It does NOT have to be a weight gain event.
Check out some of Doc’s Super Bowl Tips and learn how to celebrate, lose weight and be a winner! You can do it!
Super Bowl Party! Kick off Success!
Super Bowl 2020 is in Miami and there will be celebrations galore here all week long. Many of us will attend a Super Bowl Party with lots of Super Bowl snacks. Some of us may get caught up in the fervor of Super Bowl Sunday and decide to go off plan for the big event. If that’s what you choose, that’s OK, provided you get right back on plan Monday morning. For those who want to remain on plan with healthy party food, and are going to a Super Bowl party (or any special event), here are some of Doc’s Super Bowl Tips, including healthy football snacks, to kick off success:
- Start Super Bowl Sunday Like Every Other Day: Beginning in the morning, eat and drink fluids, as you normally would, throughout the day. If you assume you will probably eat off plan at the party, and therefore choose not to eat throughout the day, most likely you will go off plan.
- Plan Ahead: Be proactive! Prepare and bring healthy party foods and snacks that you know you will enjoy and are on plan. Check out some ideas for healthy Super Bowl snacks from prior Super Bowl suggestions, with satisfying Super Bowl snacks and Doc’s Pizza Recipe video, perfect for the big game.
- Alcohol: As a reminder, alcohol is NOT recommended on your acute weight loss plan; if you intend to drink, do not take your appetite suppressant on Super Bowl Sunday and choose Vodka over other options.
- Shake It Up: Enjoy one of CardioMender’s Vanilla or Chocolate Protein or Meal Replacement Shakes 45 to 60 minutes prior to the party. You will be satisfied and not easily tempted at the party!
- Hydrate: Drink a tall glass of water upon arrival at the Super Bowl Party and continue to hydrate throughout the event.
- Select: Choose healthy party food, such as grilled, broiled, air fried or poached lean proteins and fish. Select lean cold cuts such as turkey breast, lean ham or a burger without the bun. Go for the veggies, salads, fresh berries and lower glycemic fruits, all healthy Super Bowl snacks.
- Avoid: Sugary drinks, fruit juices, bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, sauces, greasy or oily foods, cookies, cake, candy, fried and heavily processed foods.
- Have Fun: Enjoy the game, the people and the healthy football snacks; that’s what it’s all about!
- Easy Does It: If you fall off plan, go easy on yourself. Get back on plan in the morning; it’s a new day. Consider protein only for a meal or two.
- Don’t Struggle: If you need help, ask for it. If you are struggling, call a friend or call us, we are always here for you!
For additional Super Bowl Tips and Recipe ideas click here: https://www.cardiomenderweightloss.com/super-bowl-and-snacking-tips/
For inspiration and answers to questions you may have about leading a healthy lifestyle, and different types of supplements, read previous blogs by CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Specialists at www.cardiomenderweightloss.com/category/weight-loss-articles/.