Looking for a recipe to replace your favorite breakfast? Here it is. You will not believe this is a low carb waffle, and is “on plan”. Along with Doc’s healthy recipe for waffles, he has found a great zero calorie maple syrup, so you can have this treat and still “Live It”.
Do you miss your waffles? Try Doc’s recipe and enjoy your old favorite!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 Cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 Cup PLUS 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 Cup CarbquikTM baking mix (available in our office)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 packets Splenda
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil or other vegetable oil
- Heat waffle iron and spray with PAM.
- Beat egg at high speed 3 minutes until thick and pale colored.
- Stir in Greek yogurt and water.
- Beat in CarbquikTM and Splenda at low speed and then add vanilla.
- Gently fold in oil.
- Pour 3/4 cup, more or less, in center of waffle iron.
- Cook about 4-5 min; at 4 min or when no longer steaming, check waffles until light golden brown.
Also consider adding cinnamon or fruit such as blueberries or strawberries.
It’s that easy! Try it with our Walden Farms zero calorie Pancake Syrup – “It tastes like the real thing!”
Note that this is DIFFERENT from the recipe on the box of CarbquikTM. It has been altered to suit our program here at CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Specialists.
This recipe makes 4 waffles, each one equals 1 protein and 1 veggie.
Also try Doc’s Low Carb Blueberry Pancakes!Make Your Own Low Carb baked goods! Pick up a box of CarbquikTM at our office.
Our patients also LOVE the Biscuits!