What Are The Best Weight Loss Diets? Typical weight loss diets boast of being ‘the best’ and tell you •…
Bariatric Surgery: Cure or Band-Aid for Obesity? Obesity has without a doubt become epidemic in proportion. We currently classify adults…
If you live in Pembroke Pines, and follow our medically supervised weight loss program, there are many health and wellness activities & venues available in the City of Pembroke Pines to support your weight loss success!
Lose Weight through Exercise in Pembroke Pines
The City of Pembroke Pines has many affordable programs and activities you can participate in.
The path to fitness is full of common misconceptions
Here are some common phrases said by people who are dieting:
- “If I exercise enough, I can eat what I want.” On average, one hour of walking burns 250 calories but an ice cream sundae can have double that. I guarantee the sundae will be eaten a lot faster that it will take to burn it off on the treadmill
- “I don’t drink soda.” Empty calories are still empty calories, whether they come from soda or other beverages such as tea or fruit juices
- “I eat organic chips which are healthier.” Unfortunately, organic chips, cookies, etc. are still chips, cookies, etc. are no less fattening.
- “I choose low fat or fat free snacks” Truth is they are usually processed refined carbs which make you even hungrier in no time.
- You’ve got to live it! ™
...and make sure your diet works for you If you want to lose weight, some things are too good to…
How Are You Planning to Stay on the Weight Loss Wagon This Holiday Season?
Get the conversation started! Share your plan, tips and advice with our CardioMender, MD Weight Loss Community on Facebook!
It’s easy to fall off the weight loss wagon, and this time of year is particularly challenging.
Dr. Barry Schiff has the answer for weight loss and it isn't a diet plan: The CardioMender solution isn't a…
There’s a science to weight loss and the struggle to diet
Here is the latest thinking behind the science of weight loss:
- There’s a genetic component (in other words, there is a “fat gene”)
- Some people just have more fat cells
- Your metabolism can change making it harder to lose weight once you gain weight
- Stress can cause you to crave carb-rich snack foods
- Not enough sleep (sleep deprivation triggers a decrease in leptin which helps us feel full and an increase in ghrelin which makes us feel hungry)
- Your spouse’s weight matters (if one spouse is obese, the other is 37% likely to become obese, too)
Yes, if you know the nutritional facts about your meal
Here is some basic nutritional information about a holiday dinner and how to make up for it afterward or simply make different choices:
- Turkey – service size 6 oz., 340 calories – 35 minutes on the treadmill or 56 minutes on the elliptical
- Stuffing – service size ½ cup, 180 calories – 18 minutes on the treadmill or 30 minutes on the elliptical
- Mashed potatoes – serving size ½ cup, 150 calories – 15 minutes on the treadmill or 25 minutes on the elliptical
It’s difficult to stay on your diet and maintain fitness when you’re constantly hungry.
Here are a few reasons why you always reach for food:
- You drink too much alcohol
- Not getting enough sleep
- Skipping meals and not eating every 3-4 hours
- Eating too fast
- Impulse buying snacks
- Too much diet soda
- Work-related stress
Not living it. ‘You’ve got to live it!’ ™
Weight Loss Open House featured in South Broward Focus
CardioMender, MD was featured in the latest issue of South Broward Focus. The article gives readers a preview of our Open House, which will be this Saturday, October 6th, from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Weight Loss Center Event in Pembroke Pines/Miramar 10/6/12 Mark your calenders for Saturday, October 6th, from 12:30 to 3:30. You'll…