A diet program can be complemented by some good habits
Here are some simple things you can do to lose weight:
- Snack in between meals and satisfy your craving with something healthy
- Make each meal something you sit down to eat and turn off the TV and the smartphone
- Weigh yourself every day – if your weight increases after several days, reassess what you have different and make a shift in how you make future choices
- If you’re craving a certain food, drink a glass of water and call someone and ask how their day is going – research shows that cravings usually last only five minutes and thirst may be confused by the brain as hunger. Increased water intake limits hunger.
- Seek outside support and help, both understanding of how certain foods you crave actually make you hungrier and behavioral support are critical for sustained weight loss.
- You’ve got to live it! ™
Click here to read some success stories from patients who have successfully lost weight.