High EPA Omega-3 from CardioMender, MD Nutraceuticals
CardioMender, MD Nutraceuticals’ High EPA Omega-3 Fish Oil is Supercritical CO2 extracted oils in triglyceride form, manufactured in Germany. Our High EPA Omega-3 Fish Oil is unique among other fish oils for its’ critical extraction, purity, bioavailability and concentrations… Critical Extraction Supercritical CO2 advanced technology is the superior protection against oxidation. The extraction method of fish oil uses less heat and no chemical solvents when compared to molecular distillation, resulting in fewer unwanted isomer formations and “cleaner” oil. Critical Purity Supercritical fluid extraction uses CO2 (carbon dioxide) instead of oxygen to gently extract the fatty acids, which also protects them from microorganisms that can’t survive without oxygen. No chemical preservatives, solvents, or undesirable compounds are found in our High EPA Omega-3 Fish Oils. Heavy metal and contaminant levels measure significantly lower than the standard. Critical Bioavailability Recent scientific data shows the triglyceride form of fish oil is better absorbed when compared to ethyl esters. Recent data have demonstrated that omega-3 fatty acids delivered in a triglyceride form may result in greater plasma levels and a higher omega-3 index compared with omega-3 fatty acids delivered in the form of ethyl esters.
Many fish oils contain only about 30% omega-3 fatty acids, of which roughly 18% is EPA and 12% DHA. The remaining 70% is a varying mixture of other components. In other words, regular fish oil contains less than a third of the desired active ingredients and more than two thirds of “other” components. These other components may include cholesterol, omega-6 fatty acids, saturated fatty acids, oxidation products and contaminants. Highly concentrated fish oil, like our High EPA Omega-3, provides at least 75% active ingredients, leaving less room for nonessential compounds.
The benefits of omega-3 fatty acids continue to emerge and numerous health organizations around the world recommend adequate daily intake of EPA and DHA. Data continues to accumulate that supports EPA and DHA in cardiovascular health as well as many other areas, including neurological health, vision health, and joint health.† The omega-3 fatty acid EPA is the direct precursor for the prostaglandins, which are involved in helping to maintain the body’s normal inflammatory processes.†
CardioMender, MD Nutraceuticals’ High EPA Omega-3 Fish Oil is indicated for those individuals that want a higher ratio of EPA to DHA in small, pure, and potent softgels for cardiovascular and inflammatory support.
Serving Size 2 fish gelatin softgels (size 11) contain:
Omega-3 Supercritical CO2
Triglyceride Concentrate……………………………… 1,250 mg
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)…………………………… 800 mg
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)…………………………. 150 mg
Adults take 2 softgels daily with a meal, or as directed by your health care professional.
No adverse effects have been reported.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
1. Dyerberg J. Bioavailability of marine n-3 fatty acid formulations. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2010 Sep;83(3):137-41.
2. Neubronner J. Enhanced increase of omega-3 index in response to long-term n-3 fatty acid supplementation from triacylglycerides versus ethyl esters. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2011 Feb;65(2):247-54.
3. Yzebe D, Lievre M. Fish oils in the care of coronary heart disease patients: a meta- analysis of randomized controlled trials. Fundam Clin Pharmacol 2004;18:581-92.
4. Micallef M.A., Munro I.A., Garg M. L. An inverse relationship between plasma n-3 fatty acids and C-reactive protein in healthy individuals. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2009 63,1154-1156.
5. Oh D.Y., Talukdar S., Bae E. J., et al. GPR120 Is an Omega-3 Fatty Acid Receptor Mediating Potent Antiinflammatory and Insulin-Sensitizing Effects. Cell, 2010 142: 687-698
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.