Cream of cucumber soup is a great recipe for eating healthy. Did you know that cucumbers offer many benefits to a healthy diet? They are packed with nutrients, water for hydration, fiber and so much more. You can read about the benefits in our article on cucumbers, then enjoy this recipe from Dr. Young:
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled
- 1 cup Chobani™ non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ large yellow or Vidalia onion
- ½ tsp MortonTMLite Salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chop the cucumbers, yogurt, garlic and onion in a food processor using pulse mode till uniform texture.
- Transfer to a frozen large glass mixing bowl.
- Add the pepper, salt, vinegar, dill weed and olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with sliced cucumber disks and fresh dill weed if available when ready to serve.
Yield is approximately 5 or 6 cups, more or less depending on the size of the cucumbers. Each cup counts as 1 very lean protein.