Use this roasted garlic spread as part of an appetizer, snack or to enhance the flavor of your meal.
Doc’s Roasted Garlic Spread
- Several large heads of garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Aluminum foil
- Make a clean cut about a quarter way up from the bottom (larger side) of each garlic head and discard the smaller piece.
- Put the garlic cut side up and drizzle a quarter to a half teaspoon of olive on the garlic so that the olive oil seeps into the garlic head.
- Sprinkle on salt and pepper.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place on a flat baking sheet with the cut side down and bake in a 400 degree preheated oven.
- Cook for 40 – 50 minutes until the bottom (cut side) is golden brown and the body of the garlic can easily be pierced by a knife or fork.
- Let cool and then squeeze the top of the garlic head so that each clove pops out from the bottom of the head.
- Spread on our Toast Parisien*, Paleo Crackers* or on celery or a slice of cucumber.
- Keep left overs in the refrigerator and use for 2-3 weeks.
1 packet of Toast Parisien with Doc’s Roasted Garlic Spread (~eight pieces) counts as 1 Lean Protein (LP).
*Sold in our pantry
For more information on our Toast Parisien, click here.
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track!