Whether you use this as a side dish, holiday dish or as a dessert, Doc’s Noodle Pudding (Kugel) will become a staple for you and your family.
- 2 packs of unflavored Miracle Noodles (I used fettucine shape.)
- 2 small, sweet apples (I used Galas.)
- 2 ripe pears (I used Bartletts.)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 packets of SplendaTM
- Cinnamon – a few shakes
- Kosher salt – pinch
- Sprig of fresh mint, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare Miracle Noodles by rinsing and parboiling 1-2 minutes (to remove earthy smell).
- Using a kitchen scissor or knife, cut noodles into bite-size pieces.
- Chop apples and pears into small pieces.
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl.
- Combine all ingredients and mix together.
- Transfer to casserole baking dish that has been sprayed with PAM or lightly greased.
- Give an additional shake or two of cinnamon on top for color, optional.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Garnish with fresh mint, optional.
Enjoy as a delicious side or as a dessert! And it’s even good cold!
Makes 4 side dish servings.
Exchange per serving: ½ VLP (Very Lean Protein) and ½ Fruit
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track.