Try this delicious breakfast, a weight loss substitute for classic matzah (matzo) brei. Keep your favorite holiday breakfast and stay on plan.It’s another of our healthy recipes!
Doc’s Matzah Brei Substitute
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 Cali’flour crust, cooked per CMMD recipe for Faux Focaccia or Substitute Matzah
- Optional: sweetener such as stevia, black pepper to taste
- Mix/ Scramble 3 eggs in a bowl.
- Take 1/3 cooked Cali’flour Pizza Crust (see Doc’s Faux Focaccia or Substitute Matzah recipe)
and break into pieces.
- Fold into the mixed eggs until the crust pieces are covered with egg.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 teaspoon of CMMD ultra-premium olive oil.
- Add the egg-crust mix and cook over medium heat until egg is fully cooked.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Serve right away.
Serves 2: Counts as 1 VLP & 1 LP per serving
If you prefer your brei sweet: Top Off with Stevia once cooked.
If you prefer sautéed onions: Sauté 2 slices of sweet onion in CMMD Ultra-Premium Olive Oil. Add salt & pepper to taste and cook above recipe in this pan. Then follow the recipe above.
For more information on the products that you can find in our office pantry, click here.