Crispy and delicious, air-fried zucchini strips make a great snack, appetizer or side dish.
- Cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup CarbquikTM
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 packet Toast Parisien (ground fine in food processor to convert into ½ cup of breadcrumbs)
- Italian Herbs, salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste (optional)
- Coat air-fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Cut zucchini into 2-inch long wedges.
- Place CarbquikTM in a shallow dish.
- Combine eggs and water in another shallow dish.
- Mix Toast Parisien breadcrumbs with seasonings in a third shallow dish.
- Dredge the zucchini first in the CarbquikTM, then in the egg, then in the Toast Parisien breadcrumbs mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Place the zucchini in a single layer in the prepared air fryer basket. Coat well with cooking spray.
- Cook at 360°F until crispy and tender, about 12 minutes.
For best results, serve immediately.
For an optional dipping sauce, try Doc’s Citrus Cilantro Ranch Dip.
For a little more zip add some hot sauce. Delicious!
Check out the Doc’s many healthy recipes that will help you stay on track!